This has been a very weird week. I am home alone and I am supposed to be on my busiest rotation. But, we only have 2 patients in the hospital from our clinic service, which means I am doing very little work. I have never had a week like this. The one patient I saw today though was interesting....... I can't use her name because of confidentiality reasons, although I wish I could because she has one of the funniest last names I have ever heard.
Anyway, Mrs. Funny last name that I can't say because of HIPPA rules is in rehab for a hip fracture. This morning she didn't look like herself. She wouldn't smile and she wouldn't talk. She would only nod yes or no. I was concerned that she had a stroke and couldn't talk until I realized that she just didn't want to talk. Why? She is 88, had a hip fracture and like most people at 88 decided she could whatever she wanted, which this morning consisted of not talking to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment