I am going to take a break from writing about my Grandmother because I really have to vent my frustration about the day. Some names have been changed to protect me from inadvertent google searches linking me to hating a local middle school band.
We bought tickets for a middle school band fund raiser BBQ, which happens to be the fund raiser of choice in south Texas. As I went to pick up the BBQ which was billed at $5 a plate I noticed a tremendous line of vehicles outside of the school. I began to park, thinking "I am not going to be like these other lazy sons-of-guns and I am going to get out of my car and walk"; and then I realized I had Isabella with me and the thought of holding Isabella and 2 plates of BBQ made me decide to wait out the auto line.
And wait I did. Thirty minutes later the car began to smoke under the hood. I freaked out. I envisioned my car catching on fire and my baby and myself perishing inside. I pull out of the auto-waiting for the BBQ line, and pulled over to the curb, get the baby out of the car and pop the hood. Some fluid is gushing out that looks like radiator fluid. Smoke is coming from the engine.
So now I have no choice. I leave the car and I go to get my BBQ, after all I already paid for it. Twenty minutes later I have 2 BBQ plates with no beans (ran out). Katie met me there and we got the injured vehicle to the local mechanic.
On arriving home we open the BBQ plates to find..... 2 small slivers of BBQ brisket with no BBQ sauce. I look in the cupboard.... no BBQ sauce. Who do these middle school band people think they are making people wait 50 minutes for 2 crappy slivers of BBQ with no BBQ sauce.
The consolation of the day: thinking that car is toasted and finding out that you can buy a brand new radiator for a '97 Saturn at O'reilly Auto Parts for $150, which is a lot less than the down payment on a new car.
Lesson of the day: next time BBQ fund raiser comes around I have decided to become a vegan, at least for one day. Afterall, it is a lot healthier.
1 comment:
Yeah, what is it with Texas and BBQ? I mean, really?
Post a Comment