I had to go to health services and get a TB test because I had been exposed to a guy with active TB....... but that is not the bad news, because down here there is so much TB that it is not tremendously frightening to anybody. Worst case scenario is that you have to take medicine for a few months. The real bad news..... my scooter is dead. There has been a problem with the engine and the cost of taking it apart, diagnosing it, parts and repair will cost more than I paid for the scooter. This puts me in a tricky situation with a few options
1) buy a car, which we have to do sometime in the near future anyway
2) buy my friend's motorcycle
3) buy the same exact scooter, new, for approx $900
4) fix the scooter for $500-700, not knowing what else could go wrong with it
I thought to myself "self, why would you buy the same scooter, again, knowing that it's life wasn't very long and it wasn't always reliable?" And I reply to myself that my entire cost of the last 2 years of transportation (3,000 miles) including the vehicle, insurance, gas and repairs was less than $1,500. Can anybody tell me what could be any cheaper and more fun than a scooter?
3 comments:
So I was reading your post to Dan because I found it quite amusing and he said, "so basically he's that guy from scrubs, young doctor who rides a scooter." We couldn't think of anything more fun or cheaper.
Doood. Keep the scooter!
Matt, what kind of scooter is it? Is it a classic Vespa or Lambretta? If so then I DEFINITELY say get it fixed. If not, ditch it and get something new.
And don't get TB
Post a Comment