
Katie and I were going to go out for my birthday.... but we decided to change our plans.
I had the pleasant surprise of having the day off of work unexpectedly, in fact the doctor who wasn't working that day does not even know that it was my birthday.
I thought to myself.... what gift reeks of 27th birthday. Enter - the CHIMINEA!!! The chiminea is the gift that keeps on giving.
These bad boys sell for $120-200 in the north country, but here on the Tex-Mex border, I got it for $35 with the stand included. It is solid clay that is polished with some substance that makes it almost metallic. It is quite large - 4 to 5 feet tall on the stand.
We used it last night and it was awesome! I am planning on using it again tonight..... and I have big plans for tomorrow. I am working on how to slow roast a chicken by suspending it down into the pit.... we'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment