The other day I realized that the salsa that I eat regularly at the hospital is homemade - blended on the spot. I was quite impressed and I asked the cook about the recipe - she said she didn't really have one it is just a mixture of tomatoes, chiles and onion......
So finally at home I decided to give it a whirl..... WOW! It is really easy and it goes like this
tomatoes (fresh, canned and diced, or whatever you have)
onion
peppers (chiles - you pick the kind, the spiciness and the amount)
small amount of salt
You put it in the blender and voila! In fact I might go dip a chip right now
It costs pennies. You can make it fresh. You could make mass quantities and can it. Whatever you want to do. Now we have one more reason why it really is the number 1 condiment.
p.s. I am thinking about starting up a business of canning the salsa. I just need a name and some startup money.
1 comment:
sounds yummy! I've updated our blog. Take a look. Thanks for keeping yours current.
Love you all.
Post a Comment