Saturday, July 31, 2010

Budweiser Brewery

One of the things we love out St. Louis is that there is a lot to do here for free: our wonderful zoo, Grant's Farm, the Arch, and the Budweiser Brewery tour to name a few. We decided to take the tour earlier in the week while Matt was at home. The facility is more like a compound than a factory...it is HUGE! It is amazing to think that the Busch family moved here and made such an empire. Matt and I now want to learn more about how they made it into the power company that they are today..it just seems interesting.
Anyways..here are some pictures from our 2-hour tour:

This is a Clydesdale. They are huge, beautiful and did I say "BIG" animals. Whenever I get to see one I always wish I could just saddle one up and see what it would feel like to ride one..just for a minute because I am sure that my thighs would hurt after only a short ride.



Here are some of the buildings.

This part of the tour was in a room that was 10 degrees hotter than outside. So as you can imagine the end of the July heat plus 10 was not too comfortable. But I did think the chandelier was a nice touch.

I don't remember what process these containers are for but they are big and there is a lot of them.

The kids did great and Isabella enjoyed her free sierra mist after the tour and her dad enjoyed the free beer. I was happy to have mountain dew which I don't treat myself to very often. (I don't like beer, but I did try some of Matt's and it still stands that I don't like it).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails