Isabella has been quite unhappy for a few days. This is the first time she has been truly, truly sick. She has a cold and it is miserable.... for her and us. I can sympathize and empathize with families that I see with sick kids. It is not fun. I have learned that when talking to people about colds you should not say things like, "it is only a cold" or" only a virus" or "it will pass quickly". Some colds are very bad. Some do not pass quickly.
So I am learning about dealing with colds....It is important to make the patient believe that they are experiencing the worst cold that could ever be experienced, in the history of the world. It is important to re-iterate that there is no cure. And it is important to offer something, so that they have hope. Funny thing is none of this actually helps when you are at home miserable with a cold. And we are.... close to miserable. I am post-call and tired. Katie is at her wit's end.
But as they say...... actually, I am not sure what they say about times like this.
3 comments:
My Dear Ones, This too shall pass. Rest, drink plenty of fluids, listen to inspirational music (something that will draw you to God) and pray.
Love Mom
You're not alone. It's an experience that every parent has shared. You will get your cute smiling girl back
at some point they learn how to blow their own nose... and though it helps you with the runny nose part... it becomes a new challenge to constantly have to help them blow!!! one things replaces the next... it ebbs and flows... but emma is right, you're not alone and it's not constant, just annoying!!! :)
Post a Comment