Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Texas Ranger

I found out today that, indeed, the Texas Rangers really do exist, and I am not referring to a bad baseball team.

At 7:30 EMS brought in a patient who was found outside of his tractor-trailer with his wrists slit, dripping blood all over. He was lethargic with normal vital signs. He was given Narcan (an opioid reversal agent) and he woke up. The thinking was that he did drugs and then he tried to kill himself. But here is the catch..... both wrists were slit which is unusual from what I understand. Also, the patient denied that he tried and he remembers gun shots, but he couldn't remember anything else. The whole story was very fishy. The patient was acting strange and we continued to suspect throughout the day that he was, in fact attempting suicide.
However, his drug screen came back negative. And then in the afternoon the Texas Ranger, came in to investigate. Wide brimmed hat, cowboys boots, pistol in the holster, and a star that resembled a sheriff; I was certainly impressed.
Apparently, this man had a "previous run in with some bad individuals" and had been found with bullet holes in his truck.

So, we were just left to wonder...... I spent an hour with him as I put 20 stitches into his wrists, but despite my talking to him he still didn't give us any idea as to what was happening.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails