It seems that change is apart of our lives; I just pray that we are able to live it in a way that glorifies our Lord.
Friday, March 28, 2008
New Calling in Life
Well, I may have found a new calling in life. I spent my day at Baylor School of Medicine participating in a residency fair for medical students. I sat at a booth and talked to students. And I loved it. I am wondering if I can just transition from practicing medicine to just talking about practicing medicine. Describing to people what a "faith based residency program" is certainly raises eyebrows and brings up tough questions. But it was all enjoyable. I discussed medicine and residency with a wide variety of people, including locals, folks from California, multiple Mormons, a Muslim from Turkey and a woman who went to medical school in China and badly wants to be in a residency program. When the Chinese woman asked bluntly if she could come join our program I hemmed and hawed, relaxed my collar and tried to nicely explain that I wasn't exactly the person who gets to decide who actually matches in our program. So is there a future in this ..... we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment