Monday, September 10, 2012

Vacation (in July)

We traveled in July to Charlotte. My friend, Kate, was getting married. I was so happy to be able to be there during her beautiful day. Another friend, Natalie, was in the wedding and she stayed with me. What a fun time to catch up. She lives in Idaho and we have not seen each other since 04' or 05'.  It is so nice to be with a friend after that much time and be completely comfortable with each other like no time has gone by at all.
M3 was 11 weeks old and we drove through the night to get to my parents. It is kinda funny because all three kids have taken their first time at 11 weeks. This was our first time driving though and it was not that much fun. I would rather fly for sure.  Here are some pics from the wedding:


I am sorry to say that I did not get a better picture of the bride and groom. We had to leave early (even before the cake was served) because of baby girl who was NOT happy. I was so looking forward to a dance with my hubby.


                                    So happy for her.
                                                Me and Natalie.


Next adventure:  I convinced my mom to drive with me and the kids up to Northern Virginia to visit my "second family", the Wardens, and my dad.  The drive went pretty well until M3 decided she wanted to be out of her carseat..she was done.  That was the last hour of driving. We weren't sure it was such a great idea but once we got there it was all worth it. It only took us 9 hours to get there (6 hours of driving).

 She didn't waste anytime with Auntie. She wanted to show her what she could do with the ipad.

      We were so happy to see Pops.  I think they were on the floor as soon as they walked in the door.
      I want to say "old friends" but they aren't old.  They were pregnant together with me and Sarah. I am sure it is special to be together with Grandkids.
       M2 was so excited to play baseball. They were both excited and they did pretty well.


                                            Pops was excited, M2 not so much.

                                                                  What a face!!
                  Pops was so excited to take Diana's car for a ride. I don't think he wanted to return it.

                       Uncle Skippy relaxing with M1 for a moment.
                           
                              We almost didn't get a picture together. It was really late and we were tired, but
                                                                 we had to get a picture.
                              Pops took us into D.C for the Smithsonian.  I asked M1 what that looked
                               like and she said an "I".
                                    Their first matching outfits. M1 wasn't too happy about taking this
                             picture because we were waiting for the doors to open.
       We were one of the first ones inside.

                  I took M1 to go see all of the beautiful gems. This is the Hope Diamond. She wasn't excited by it. I told her she would be one day.
                                She did get excited about the crown..she wanted to buy it. :)
                                               We had to go play in the puddles.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails