Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Right of Passage

M1 had a one Right of Passage checked off her list yesterday.  I was in the kitchen cleaning and she was in the dinning room and asked if I could give her a haircut.  I was shocked bc she has not wanted me to cut it for the sole reason that she wanted it to become "magical." So, I said "sure, give me a few minutes to finish up in the kitchen." A minute later she came into the kitchen with scissors that were about to cut her hair. I raised  said in a reasonable voice "NO, don't do it yourself." She knew right away that she was almost in trouble, but then I noticed a bit of her hair looked cut. Then I saw she was holding her hands behind her back..he had a clump of hair back there. I was shocked but I was able to keep my cool. She felt really bad and I did not want her to remember this for ever like I do when I cut mine when I was little.
My mom was not happy when I chopped my hair a couple of days before Easter.  She was not happy and I still remember her voice from that day.  I don't blame her....b/c if M1 had done this the day before Easter I probably would have freaked out too.
M1 actually did a pretty good job by herself ( I was impressed).  I wish I had a picture of what I looked like after I cut mine back in 85'/86' to compare the two of us.
This is almost all of what she caught. 

This is so cute. She didn't so bad, right?




This is my favorite. 


Not the best picture, but I will take a better one soon.

Thanks to my friend, Eraka who got her in on short notice. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails