Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's about time Matt wrote something

Hi everyone, this is Matt and I have been wanting to write for some time now. I have really enjoyed reading other people's blogs over the past 2 years, but I didn't really want one.... I was afraid I couldn't keep up with it. Now that Katie has started it I figured I have no excuse, so here we go.

What am I doing this week: I am finishing my last week of Pediatrics, I have been working on a busy inpatient floor. It has been hard work but good. Yesterday, I got my first opportunity to put a needle into a patients spine to remove fluid, and thankfully we got clear fluid and she did not have meningitis.

What am I currently reading: 25 Most Treasured Gospel Hymn Stories, a historical look at some popular hymns and why they were written.

At Home: Katie and I are getting more serious about the baby coming and we are getting the room ready. We are also continuing to put up more pictures and I have some new plants that I am looking to put in the house.

Sports Commentary: I love listening to PTI on my ipod. The Steelers stink. The Cowboys are way better than they should be, and I look like a fool for making fun of Tony Romo. Our local high school football team lost last week in the playoffs, which was disappointing; I have been working with them on the sideline.

What I miss about Philadelphia: Tenth church, lots of people, Wissahickon park, and fancy Beer that was served at Monk's Belgian Cafe.

Interesting history fact: the Harlem Globetrotters started in the 1920's before the NBA was founded and they never played in Harlem until 1940; they were actually based in Chicago. Some famous people who had been reported to play for the trotters: Wilt, Connie Hawkins, George "Meadowlark" Lemon, John Chaney (Temple owls) and last but not least, Bill Cosby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails